2nd World Forum on Urban Forests
October 16 - October 20
FAO, Arbor Day Foundation, the City of Washington, the United States Forest Service (USFS), the Smithsonian Institution, the Politecnico di Milano, the Italian Society of Silviculture and Forest Ecology (SISEF) and the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) are pleased to announce the 2nd World Forum on Urban Forests.
The main theme of this 2nd edition on the Forum, Greener, Healthier and Happier Cities for All, was chosen to underline the importance of building inclusive cities where the goods and services of urban forests and trees are equitably and equally available to all urban dwellers.
More specifically, the objectives of the 2nd World Forum on Urban Forests are to:
● take stock on progress made in the implementation of the Call for Action and Tree Cities of the World Programme, launched at the 1st WFUF in Mantova in 2018, and identify follow-up measures and actions;
● support the implementation of the Agenda 2030, in particular SDG11, and the New Urban Agenda, and optimize actions related to urban ecosystems and green spaces;
● provide a venue where urban forests and green infrastructure actors and stakeholders can showcase successful initiatives to maximise the contribution of urban forests to health and wellbeing of urban dwellers;
● bring a wider spectrum of actors on board, especially from sectors that are not traditionally involved, by demonstrating the importance of urban forests and trees to the generation of social and economic benefits;
● create links between ecosystem restoration opportunities and initiatives with businesses interested in building a solid portfolio of sustainable production and impact investment in and around urban areas.
We look forward to seeing you all in Washington DC! Additional details on the venue and programme will follow soonest